A good debate lies ahead for the gaming world in the Garden State, MGW learned Monday in a release from ECGC.
A referendum on the New Jersey ballot that could authorize casinos in northern New Jersey is a focal point at the 20th annual East Coast Gaming Congress and i-Gaming Institute, to be held May 25-26 at the new Waterfront Conference Center at Harrah’s Resort.
The panel, titled “Atlantic City … and North Jersey? What’s Best for New Jersey?,” will be moderated by respected journalist John Brennan of The Record.
According to this morning’s release shared with MGW, the panel speakers are:
- Honorable Chris A. Brown, Assemblyman, New Jersey State Assembly
- Honorable Ralph Caputo, Assemblyman, New Jersey State Assembly
- Paul Fireman, Chairman, Fireman Capital Partners
- Mark Giannantonio, President and Chief Executive Officer, Resorts Casino Hotel
- Jeff Gural, Chief Executive Officer, New Meadowlands Racetrack
“This is the first constitutional referendum to expand gaming in New Jersey in 40 years, and we have assembled a panel that is fully prepared to discuss and vet this essential question,” said Michael Pollock, Managing Director of Spectrum Gaming Group, an organizing producer and co-founder of the conference.
“The East Coast Gaming Congress was established 20 years ago to serve as an essential forum for ideas, suggestions and concerns, and so it is quite appropriate that this conference will host this particular forum,” added Lloyd D. Levenson, CEO of the Cooper Levenson law firm, also an organizing producer and co-founder of the event.